I began playing soccer much as your daughter or son may have. The neighbor across the street, four years older, ruthlessly put me between two fence posts at the age of 5 and started lumping balls at me. Thankfully he was polite enough to explain the rudimentary components of goalkeeping to me. I was quickly hooked and in retrospect have him to thank for a career, and a passion.
Since this early start, I have experienced professional, collegiate, and youth environments as a player and coach alike. I am fortunate to have a career that is also my passion.
I currently own an Internet-based soccer-specific sports science consulting company aptly named Fit for 90. We deliver soccer-specific periodization, monitoring, and training to professional, collegiate, and youth teams in order to prevent injury and increase performance.
I believe my experiences in the game, combined with my education, give me a unique blend of scientific understanding and practicality that I deliver to coaches and players alike.
- Founder of Fit for 90, delivering soccer-specific sports science to all levels of teams youth through professional at www.fitfor90.com
- USSF coach educator, working on the development and integration of sports science and fitness in our country’s coaching education and licensure program since 2007
- Portland Timbers Director of Sports Science, 2013
- PhD in Kinesiology studying ACL injury and specifically, how movement mechanics change with soccer-specific fatigue
- Kansas City Wizards Assistant Coach 2005-2006
- University of North Carolina Men’s Soccer Assistant Coach 2002-2005.
- Raleigh CASL Director of Goalkeeping 2002-2005
- University of Tennessee Women’s Soccer Assistant Coach 1999-2001
- USSF A License
- TheFA Fitness Trainers Award (first American holder of the licensure)
- Current and past consulting clients:
- Professional clients: Indy Eleven (NASL), and Chicago RedStars (NWSL)
- Collegiate clients: Clemson University, North Carolina State University, University of Central Florida, University of Tennessee, St. Louis University, Ohio State University, University of Washington, Baylor University, University of South Carolina Upstate
- Youth club clients: Texas Rush, St. Louis Scott Gallagher, Carolina Rapids, North Carolina Fusion, Raleigh CASL, Colorado Storm