The Soccer Parenting Association aims to elevate the game and enhance every child’s youth soccer experience by engaging, educating, supporting and advocating for parents.
- We acknowledge the importance of long-term athletic development and we understand that youth soccer participation supports an active lifestyle; the longer children continue to play sports, the more likely they are to be healthy and active adults.
- We acknowledge the positive impact a coach can make on a child’s life, and we commit to holding coaches to a high standard of integrity, professionalism and compassion so our children feel optimistic about their potential, even in the face of defeat.
- We support our children’s youth soccer participation because we want them to develop grit, determination, and resiliency while learning the empathy, compassion and solidarity that will make them caring and committed adults.
- We foster our children’s love of soccer by seeking to educate ourselves about the rules, nuances and intricacies of the game.
Love of the Game
- We acknowledge that every child has varying levels of athletic potential and we seek to establish an environment where ALL children can play youth soccer because they LOVE TO PLAY, not because they want a college scholarship or a professional contract.
- We seek to use a clear perspective when making soccer choices for our children, ensuring the decisions are in the best interest of the child’s long-term happiness, contentment and positive attitude.