Marketing Coordinator Role
Business is growing quickly and this Marketing Coordinator will be a part time position ideal for someone with strong digital design skills, a background in online community development, and an understanding of youth sports.
We are on a mission that matters. Youth sports carry such incredible potential to positively impact the lives of everyone who experiences them. Working with a small team of talented individuals committed to making youth sports better is a daily inspiration. We need help to continue growing and are excited to open this new role on the team. If you know someone U.S. based with strong design skills and a talent for growing online communities, please pass this along!
Soccer Parenting and The Sideline Project aim to make youth sports better by fostering collaborative relationships between coaches, clubs, parents, and players. We believe parents will be “difference makers” when it comes to improving youth sports, and we work daily to educate and support parents and coaches to maximize player inspiration.
We have hundreds of partners across youth clubs, state associations, leagues, and organizations. Our partners seek to better support parents by providing them access to our education and community to ensure their child is inspired by their sports experience. Additionally, coaches have access to education related to relationship building, trust, collaboration, and more.
We aim to provide our employees with:
- A fun and collaborative culture of service as we make youth sports better, together
- A flexible, at-home work environment
- Supportive relationships that foster a deeper understanding of our mission and vision
- A strong connection to the sport through shared relationships with youth sports leaders
- An inclusive environment where we find our company power by understanding and celebrating our differences
Marketing Coordinator Objectives:
- Understand Soccer Parenting Association mission, strategic objectives, business model, sources of revenue, team organization, and customer/content/contact strategy.
- Contribute to marketing efforts serving immediate and long-term business goals.
- Contribute to process improvement in marketing operations.
- Keep the organization up to speed on proposed, planned, and in-process work related to responsibilities.
- Build functional knowledge base and share important developments with the team.
- Master existing toolset and recommend improvements.
- Grow the Soccer Parenting community and support revenue generation.
- Be an ambassador for the Soccer Parenting mission.
Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Design and create visual assets (static and motion graphics, video, logos and iconography, templates) for social communities, brand websites, and advertising.
- Build and maintain repository of marketing assets.
- Maintain editorial calendar with quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily details.
- Post approved content on established social media accounts, brand websites, and online communities.
- Propose opportunities to improve engagement within active social media environments.
- Explore inactive social media environments for growth opportunities.
- Build and distribute weekly newsletter.
- Set up, promote, and publish periodic webinar content.
- Additional responsibilities as identified and assigned within the scope of this role’s objectives.
Marketing Coordinator Skills & Experience:
- Experience with digital design tools, including HTML/CSS
- Experience managing and growing social media / online community presence
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Strong understanding of layout, graphic design, web design, photography, and videography
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Experience conducting research and analyzing data
- Bonus: specific familiarity with Microsoft 365, WordPress, Thrive Architect, Active Campaign, Canva, CapCut, Zoom, Vimeo, miro, YouTube, Facebook/IG, and Twitter
Marketing Coordinator Application Requirements:
- Current profile detailing work/project experience and technical proficiencies
- Portfolio of digital design work, including specific contribution(s)
- Availability for remote interview process
Hours: 20-25 hours/week. Hours are flexible however you must have the ability to work during normal business hours.
Location: This is a remote position, based in the United States.
Inquiries and Resume Submissions – Shef [at] SoccerParenting [dot] com